- June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month
- Many seed-eating birds swallow small stones which remain in the gizzard, a muscular part of the stomach. The stones in the gizzard help break up hard seeds and nuts.
- Bird migration is finished. Birds that are here now are summer residents that nest.
- Fawns continue to be born through mid-month.
- Wood Duck and Mallard ducklings hatch and venture forth early in the month.
- Canada Geese begin molting.
- Bats give birth.
- Mosquitoes can become a problem.
- Be sure to keep your feeders and bird baths clean and your seed fresh.